30/03/2015

#poem #poetry #amwriting #micropoetry

I've been scribbling again...

Poems in 140 characters or less...


......


we only pull fossils from the cliffs
of this serene bay
 gorgeous scene
as we follow the yacht
not thinking of the soldiers providing the view

.....

 today I shall walk the long way
 confuse my routine
shake hands with hands with myself
coming back you can kiss my elbow

.....

 I give six bob to superman
chucked it in his bucket
 I don't know what he was collecting for
 kids or dogs or starving poor

....

 I know people died to get the vote
they also died for secret ballots
stop bloody knocking
I ain't gonna say
I'll vote how I want on the day

.....

 he drinks whiskey and milk
 through a straw
in his catheterised throat
sighs
 triumphant because he didn't give in

.....

 I've joined faithbook
it's nice
you wouldn't like it
women breastfeeding
and no ads
just pictures of people
as they are now

.....

 metastic darkness leave this place
have not care for grace - quicken pace
and go - just leave the door ajar

.....

 enlightened
the balloons rose
each tagged with a name
we watched them
and hoped to make a new friend

.....

 while the saudis whip the yemen
badawi still rots in jail
huzzar for the sharia astronomers
that target without fail

.....

 it's really pretty simple
not deep to comprehend
I seek to live a goodly life
 in hope it will not end

.....

oh what a lark we had
my hurrying son and me
looking for crosses around the town -
chatting away - thankful
we missed,the inauspicious tree

.....

 the yellow bicycles
say come back
 like you like us

......

peace:)

No comments:

Post a Comment