29/03/2015

#poem #poetry #amwriting #micropoetry

I've been scribbling again...

Poems in 140 characters or less...


.....


if you wish to top a career of anonymous poetry
go on TV with bad teeth

.....

 marry a novelist for money
though a poet will bore you less
        it will just be more often

....

 do I want to hand the country over
or torture everyone in it
 this election has left me torn
             there's an option for the ballot paper

.....

 in kings lynn they are so clever
and in a state of bliss
for the river is a ouseing
with cambridge....
           you're ahead of me

....

 always be nice to catholics
they might be damned
but be nice
god knows where my gran got that one
same place as black men and blood oranges

.....

 'you wait til I get you home'
arms crossing he stands immovable
 'I've got chocolate'
and so parents learn the rules
       they taught

......

 humpty dumpty fell off a wall
humpty dumpty was diagnosed with depression
ATOS couldn't put him back together
      but he was fit to work

......

she circled the statue three times
then said, 'I don't like your poetry.'
hopped off the plinth
and pecked at some chips
    Birds!

....

peace:)

No comments:

Post a Comment