24/04/2015

#poem #poetry #amwriting who art in heaven

who art in heaven

time over time - it is to that church I go
to the hidden names - time over time
I creak the blistered rust of the gate

crunch over tiny pebbled narrow path
to the cold stone seat of the bird limed porch -

always a blackbird trills and loops in song
- so sweet - from top branch of the spreading yew
- and time over time clouds change
river bank - to draw the east wind to rain -

a rain that never comes - for the sighing wind
has no breath - just as time over time
I cannot move - for do I go to this place
in sadness or atonement - and time over time

the notices distract me - the calls to help -
or the tractor puttering in a distant field

for to complete this journey is simple -
I need only circle the carstone walls -
passing the remembering names - and -



The Blue Book

No comments:

Post a Comment