01/03/2016

#poem #poetry #amwriting notes 1 march

it's because we care that we want you love
other people have feelings and we wouldn't want
you to get punched in the face
or worse
we get punched in the face by association
we love you, we care

....

I can't say I'm shocked or surprised
I knew from the red eyes
on too many occasions absent
as sister led brother to school
that some day this bird would fly
to a new world
running from pain to pain
nor am I overly shocked
to know
tamazipam was found in the cot
needles in the toy box
or the neighbour was feeding the kids
I'd be lying if I wasn't saddened
for that small boy
with the large confused eyes
once eager to learn of the world
who I watched day by day deaden
in perfect time
with parental addiction
no doubt he will struggle
mothered by his sister
the alternative is too dreadful

....

I'd be lying is I said I was not
saddened for that boy
with confused eyes
once so bright
eager to learn
grown deadened
in time with addiction
I doubt he was using
but he learned how
to lie to be happy

...

she leers upsmirked grinning

...

death waits like a neighbours dog
that you know will bite
but don't know when

...

bordello

No comments:

Post a Comment