19/07/2015

#poem #poetry #amwriting nina simone

you want to know the blues

freedom
freedom

I see your hollow eyes
you stand as shocked as mine
at the trolling script scrolling text of now

freedom
freedom

those words never crossed a track
nor found the spirit of bach's fingers

they only tippy tap
for the pennies that linger
in the butter fingers of accidental fame
and the false gods
in the three coloured triangle
of forced compliance

you want to know the blues

then sing with me nina

freedom
freedom

punch my nose flat
I'll suck up the pain
for the idiot prat
that will sprout liberal nonsense

freedom
freedom

for the child they condemn
and the father they reject
and those spilled words they offered
on the way to past

hold my hand
in a millionaires bargain
as I lead you to the stage
to express those things they can't understand

go on

see it

and then we'll see the blues

The Blue Book

No comments:

Post a Comment