12/07/2018

#amwriting #poem #poetry #sketchbook scales

I think I have a kind of pain, too numb
and pinch away

.....

Frankie went out to the street.
Late again, so would you with a quarter
of whisky.

......

That Wednesday, with summer still sweating
I was late.

....

I think I have a kind of pain, again
it came before.
The alder in the cutting

.......

Whenever I see an alder on a cutting
Whenever I see alder from the train
I always think
that would fit the theme

.......

 Whenever; when coming into a station
or braking from
a tunnel, the alder grabs attention.
Hardly the stuff of ballad or song
that. Nut then weddings at a distance seem
equally bland, equall fleeting, as when
trying to explain why you are teasing
your son for throwing like a girl.

......

Skimming stones, down by the glinting river
I turn and snap
'stop throwing like a girl, you will never
do anything unless you mean it.'

........

She was on the edge of the story
argy bargy

......

At distance, the wedding passed like alder

......

But then weddings at a distance seem
equally bland
equally fleeting as trying.

.........

cold stone steps
from the now defunct

The wedding passed like
the wedding passed alder

No comments:

Post a Comment