06/05/2015

#poem #poetry #amwriting #ilkley writers group

a couple of poems based on the prompt - a canvasser comes to the door - and the suggested line - as I opened the door I knew

....

as I opened the door I knew -
the mermaid in the bath would sing
for the unicorn under the bed

'vote labour' he said -
my teenage self joined the call
of myths in which we stand
- appalled -

that discontent would slam the door


....

as I opened the door I knew -
the mermaid in the bath would sing
bare arsed kids would run to see
who it was that rapped

'greenpeace' he said - to match his badge -
a smile followed slick with oil
can he take my details
to help save the whale

now when I'm cooking gammon
                        finding mammon
on my front step
                made my climate alter - 
my words were less than eco-friendly
as I put yon wood in toil

....

peace:)


The Blue Book

No comments:

Post a Comment